Fire Broke Out in a Block of Flats in Zalaegerszeg

Local News

A Christmas tree caught fire late Monday night in a block of flats in Zalaegerszeg, and some of the building’s occupants were evacuated by firefighters, the Zala County Disaster Management Directorate reported.

Zsolt Kósi said that a Christmas tree had caught fire in one of the third floor apartments of the building on Rákóczi Ferenc street. Two residents of the fire-affected property were transported by ambulances for observation. Firefighters evacuated 37 people from the building’s 18 apartments during extinguishing and aftercare. Due to the cold, some of the residents were able to warm in the building of the fire station just around the corner.

MTI
pixabay

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *